Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th Fun

Nothing like the day before to decide to do some Fourth of July crafting!

I woke up this morning and decided we needed shirts.  I used the idea I found here.

Basically, I painted everyone's left hand blue and then used masking tape to create the stripes and let the kids have at it!







Then, I decided we needed some accessories.  This was a little bit trickier.  You can see the original here.
We used Sharpies to color plastic forks.  (We tried spoons too but they shrunk up too much).  I put them on a foil covered cookie sheet and set them in the oven at 350.  You have to watch for them to start to bend in the oven.  It doesn't take anytime at all, so stay close!

I took them out when they started to bend and used tongs to finish bending them how I wanted.  They start to harden again really fast, so you may have to put them back in the oven to soften up so you can finish shaping them.




No comments:

Post a Comment