Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bubble Fun (For Some)

Do you hate those blogs with those perfect mothers who always have such perfect ideas that turn out, well, perfectly?  Read on...


Today I found an activity for the approximately 1,562 socks in my house that no longer have mates.  (Well, at least 5 of them.)  I found these bubble snakes over here.  My 6, 7, 9, and even my To-Cool-For-Any-of-Mom's-Ideas 12 year old loved it.

  • Cut the end off an old water bottle
  • Put a sock around it
  • Duct tape the sock into place
  • Dip into a mixture of dish soap and water
  • BLOW (This is where things got tricky for my 5 year old.)
Like I said, the oldest 4 LOVED it.  They tried to see who could make the longest bubble chains, made bubble crowns, and bubble beards.

My 5 year old, however, could not get the hang of blowing out and ended up with a mouthful of soap.  He made himself gag and cry as if he had swallowed poison with only moments left to live.  This more or less ruined his entire afternoon and he had to take a nap to reset, so keep that in mind if you try this with the younger kids.  If I did it again, I would have him practice blowing with just water first to make sure he had the hang of it.


Cut the end off a water bottle.

Tape a sock over the end you just cut off.

Dish soap and water

Dip your bottle in the solution.

and BLOW!!






Comforting my youngest after the fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment